12/3/15

How To Pack All Toiletries and Cosmetics In One Small Bag


Here you will learn how to pack all the toiletries and cosmetics a lady will need on a trip into a small bag.


Traveling with a backpack around Europe is tricky when it comes to taking the proper amount of toiletries. Decreasing the amount of toiletries you take with you on a trip not only liberates you from having to carry the extra weight but, it also allows you to keep track of less things. Here I will explain how to do it. Generally, I suggest to take all travel size items and purchase extras while on the trip if and when they run out. Travel size items also allow you to travel with your toiletries in your carry-on so you don't have to check in a bag. Below you will find a list of items with links I took and found useful. 

Cosmetic Bag - Vera Bradley Cosmetic Bag
Not only is this bag pretty but it also packs great. The cloth material made it easy to fit into any small space in my backpack. The inside is lined with plastic so there is no need to worry about it getting stained or any liquid seeping through.


Toiletries

Shampoo & Conditioner - Davines Love Lovely Smoothing Travel Set
I just took 2 travel size shampoos and & 2 travel size conditioners. This made it easy to travel because we were able to take on our bags as carry-ons instead of having them checked. About 3 weeks into the trip we ran out and had to run to the pharmacy to purchased extras, which lasted us for the rest of the time.



Dry Shampoo- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo Travel Size
I don’t know about you but I always carry dry shampoo with me on trips. I like being prepared for whatever comes my way especially when it comes to my hair. I took this great travel size dry shampoo that I received in my Birch Box. It worked out great for when we spent all our time outside and I had no time to wash my hair before a night out.



Foldable Toothbrush - Colgate Value Travel Toothbrushes
Ivan found some pretty cool foldable toothbrushes before we left on one of our trips. These worked out great because we didn’t have to worry about our toothbrushes getting dirty or losing a travel cap. Plus they fit really easily into our travel bags. The link takes you to a pack of three. I recommend getting them and then giving the extras as gifts.



I was really happy that we found our regular toothpaste in travel size. We took 3 tubes to share and they lasted for the entire trip. 


Fit perfectly into my travel cosmetic bag. 


Deodorant - Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
For this five week trip I took a normal size deodorant. The regular 2.6 Oz size still is small enough for a carry-on. I chose to take Dove Refresh and was not disappointed. There were many days we walked for hours and this deodorant gave perfect coverage for those long days. It lasted me the entire trip.








This was my one luxury item in my cosmetic bag. My go to moisturizer is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Gel Cream. I put it on once in the morning and once at night. I have tried all sorts of products and this is by far my favorite. Its especially important to take care of your face and have a good face cream if you plan on being outside. I could not go on a 5 week long trip without it. 




I love anything Burt's Bees. This face wash works great on my sometimes oily skin. I found a travel size package of two on Amazon. Fit in my bag and lasted me the entire trip. 


I wanted to smell nice on the trip and preferred to take a real perfume over and body spray. I found a Rollerball in the perfect scent. For this trip I took a perfume that I hadn't worn since I was 12 years old. Funny story... Ivan and I dated back in 2002 when we were both in middle school. During this time I wore Ralph by Ralph Lauren. I found the Rollerball in this scent and I had to have it!

Makeup

For makeup all I took were what for me are essentials: Press powder, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and a nice lipstick. 

 
All you need for a trip is a great press powder and you will be ready to go whether it is a walk around the city or a night out. Traveling light makes it hard to include foundation and other makeup products that could lead to added weight to your backpack.


 
I can never go anywhere without at least a little eyeliner on. I have provided a link to a great brand called Shany. All their products are very well made and are good on my skin. 


This Mascara works wonders! I first tried it because a sample came in my Birchbox. I was sold on it and now it is definitely my favorite. 



This is the perfect blush. The palette gives you the option of using all shades of pink. The variety of shades allows you wear little in the morning for a day out enjoying a city or toning it up for a night out.


While this shade is neutral it goes well with everything. Being that I didn't want to take too many lipsticks, which I am known to do, I chose this neutral shade which I ended up being very happy with. 


These were the items that I could not go without in any trip. I've used every single one of these products and recommend them. Use these links to get these but feel free to find your favorite items in a travel size as well. Like I stated before, you may run out of some items which you can just purchase while on your trip. I found that this is the best way to not over pack and to be able to travel more efficiently with a carry on instead of a checked bag. I hope you found this entry helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to leave a comment. Happy Traveling! 


No comments:

Post a Comment